Macclesfield Town are currently searching for a first-team physiotherapist. The successful candidate will have overall accountability for managing, organising and developing the medical department at the Football Club with specific responsibility for player diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- To provide physiotherapy services to all registered players at the Club.
- To assess all players with regard to their fitness and injury status in relation to their fitness to train or play.
- To maintain ongoing communication with the First Team Manager with regard to player fitness.
- To work closely with the First Team staff overseeing all medical matters.
- Provide appropriate feedback on diagnosis, treatment and prognosis of injuries.
- Planning of treatment programmes to maximise player performance.
- Arrange and undertake appropriate examinations for all players, including pre-signing medicals and other examinations as required.
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Chartered Physiotherapist and registered with The Health Professions Council.
- Intermediate First Aid for Sport (IFAS) qualification.
- At least 12 months experience of working within a football club.
- Appropriate postgraduate training and experience.
- Knowledge of injury prevention and recovery strategies.
- IT literate and comfortable with all aspects of Microsoft Office.
- Well organised, good communicator and Manager.
- Full driving licence.
The position is full time. The post holder will be required to perform their duties and/or additional work or attend training outside of normal office hours and/or in different locations.
HOW TO APPLY
If you wish to apply for this role please submit a CV and covering letter to [email protected] outlining how your skills match those required for the role.
The successful candidate will be able to negotiate a salary dependent on experience.
The deadline for all applications will be close of business (5pm) on Friday September 29th 2017.
The appointment of the successful candidate will be subject to two professional/personal references to the satisfaction of Macclesfield Town FC.