Skip to main content Skip to site footer

Charlotte's Chat

27 January 2020

Last Saturday once again saw my perfect football-packed day. After playing two games with my girls team, I made my way down to the Moss Rose to see us take on Forest Green Rovers.
We parked the car up just as the team news is announced and I was very excited to see Jay Harris back - in what was a very attacking team with a solid defensive back-line!
It was also good to see brothers Archie and Max walking out with Captain Kelleher and Jonathan Mitchell as our mascots - they were brilliant.
Forest Green started the game and were attacking the Star Lane End. Despite us been at home, Forest Green certainly settled the better of the the two teams in the first half. Their plan also seemed to be stopping us from playing our creative, passing style of football.
The first thirty minutes of the first half was dominated by shots on goal from Forest Green, where one hit its target on the 17th minute. Even more worryingly, they had opportunities to add to this but we managed to hold-out until half-time.
The second half kicked-off and very shortly after, Forest Green were awarded a penalty. Up stepped the hero of the moment, Jonathan Mitchell as he brilliantly kept it out of the net - keeping us in the game.
Finally we got the breakthrough we needed in 75th minute. when some great build-up play saw Joe Ironside put us back level when his cool shot nestled in to the bottom left corner.
In the 79th minute Macc went down to ten men when Corey O’Keeffe was sent-off for a foul outside of the area which we cannot really complain with of he took their man first. I thought that he claimed the ball, but it was difficult to see from the Star Lane End .
The resulting free kick is easily saved by Jonathan Mitchell and we set about claiming the winner.
Then in  the 85th minute a moment of magic from Arthur Gnahoua caused the Moss Rose to erupt with joy, relief and happiness after witnessing a spectacular goal from way out of the area to take give us a brilliant home victory.
Now on to Newport on Tuesday - I can't wait!

Advertisement block