Skip to main content Skip to site footer

Charlotte's Chat

13 February 2020

Tuesday saw us make our way to a freezing cold Globe Arena to play Morecambe. 
I finished school and quickly got ready so we could be at the Moss for 5pm. The coach didn’t have many spaces left and it was nice to see so many faces making the trip.
We were on the motorway when news filters through of another new signing. As you can imagine the bus became a little louder as we all discussed who we hoped it would be. Luckily we didn’t have to wait long to hear Ben Tollitt had joined us. Welcome to Macclesfield Town, Ben!
Just before we arrived at the ground the team news was announced Ben went straight in to the matchday squad. We pulled up at the ground and I was excited for the game to start - that was until I stepped of the coach and nearly got blown away it ,really was windy and bitterly cold!
We entered the ground and took shelter under the stand, at least it was out of the wind and I could drink my hot chocolate to warm-up a little. It was nearing kick-off time when we braved the weather and took our seats in the stand. I was cold enough so I can only image how cold the players were when they lined up just before kick-off.
The game started and it was clear that the wind was going to play a massive part that evening. Morecambe were attacking the goal nearest to us and had the wind with them in the first half. 
Morecambe settled well and prevented Macclesfield from playing our passing out from the back game. Jonathon Mitchell kicked the ball up the pitch - or at least attempted to which was near impossible as the wind held it up and sent it back!
In the 19th minute,  using the conditions to there advantage Morecambe took the lead. They doubled the lead in the 35th minute to give us a really uphill task/ Somehow the team managed to keep the score at 2 - 0 as we broke for half time.
I was hoping that the second half would be different when it commenced as it was now Morecambe attacking the wind and us having it's assistance. Especially with our half time changes with Ben Tollitt making his debut and Theo Archibald also taking to the pitch.
We started a little better at the beginning of the second half but still remained unable to find the goal. I expected us to take shots from anywhere with the assistance of the wind but to be honest it took untill around the 84th minute. It was Connor Kirby who fired a shot from about 25 yards and forced the Morecambe 'keeper into make a fantastic save to keep the ball out of the net! 
Sadly the game ended in defeat and we now look to Saturday which is sure to be another hard match against Exeter at The Moss. 
Hope to see you there!

Advertisement block