Macclesfield Town are currenly taking applications for the role of Senior First Team Physiotherapist.
The full job specification is as follows -
Job Title: Senior First Team Physiotherapist / Sports Therapist
Reports to: First Team Head Coach / Director of Football
Department Area: Sports Science and Medicine
- To lead the delivery and development of evidence-based practice within the medical department to all professional players
- Lead and manage other key Medical and Sports Science staff
- Develop and implement injury prevention programs and return to play protocols
- Provide match-day medical cover for all first team fixtures
- Develop links with local universities for placement opportunities for student support
- Comply with FA anti-doping regulations on a daily basis
- Organisation and delivery of in-house CPD programme
- Maintain professional body at all times
- Liaise with management and coaching staff to inform of players availability for both training and matches
- Organise and accompany players specialist consultations and post-surgical appointments
- Provide evidence-based rehabilitation for all injured professional players
- Maintain up to date and comprehensive CPD activities
- Maintain standards of clinical hygiene and cleanliness at all times
- Respect and maintain patient confidentiality at all times
- Keep detailed and up to date medical records at all times
- Maintain key relationship with Fit4Sport, Science in Sport and FA Health Partners.
- Responsible for the spending of the medical budget, keeping within set budget parameters each season.
Director of Football, First Team Manager, First Team Medical Staff,
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Clinical experience in elite sporting environment
- Management of extensive patient caseload
- Knowledge of injury prevention and recovery strategies for elite athletes
- Excellent organisational skills
- Current ATMMiF qualification
- HCPC & CSP registered.
- Good Interpersonal Skills
- ACPSEM pathway
- MSc Physiotherapy / Rehabilitation
- Extensive knowledge of S&C and athletic development
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
The job description sets out the main duties of the post at the date when it was drawn up. Such duties may vary from time to time without changing the general character of the post or the level of responsibility entailed.
Salary commensurate with experience.
To apply for this position please send your current CV and names of at least two referees, to one of the following -
By email to email@example.com
By Post to :-
Macclesfield Town FC
Moss Rose Ground
The closing date to apply for this position is Friday 1st November 2019
Macclesfield Town FC is an Equal Opportunities Employer