Skip to main content Skip to site footer

Around League Two

3 October 2019

All the latest news from around the Sky Bet League Two…

Leyton Orient And Port Vale Face FA Charge

After an on-pitch brawl last Saturday, the Football Association have charged Leyton Orient and Port Vale.

Conor Wilkinson went down in the box in the 64th minute and the Vale defender James Gibbons reacted to the striker’s penalty claim.

Three yellow cards were shown as the referee calmed the scuffle down. The match ended 3-3 after a stoppage-time goal for Orient from after Josh Wright's stoppage-time goal for Orient.

The charge for both clubs is failing to ensure players conducted themselves in an orderly fashion and/or refrained from provocative behaviour.

They have until 18:00 BST on 4 October 2019 to respond.


Plymouth Warned About Homophobic Chants

An investigation was launched after Plymouth's 3-1 loss to Northampton, as abuse was heard from a minority of away fans.

Plymouth received a formal warning from the FA and any further incidents will mean the club facing disciplinary action.

Plymouth have released a statement saying: "We have said it before, but to be absolutely clear, let us repeat - Plymouth Argyle is a community-focused, values-driven organisation, whose stated aim is to make attending football matches as inclusive and enjoyable as possible for all members of society.

"We have a desire and a duty to eliminate discrimination, harassment and victimisation based on age; disability; gender reassignment; pregnancy and maternity; marriage and civil partnership; race; religion and belief; gender; and sexual orientation."


Exeter Lose Their First Game Of The Season

Grimsby beat the league leaders 3-1 at St James Park, as Exeter lost their first game of the season but they managed to hold onto top spot on goal difference.

Ethan Robson opened the scoring, against the run of play, in the 23rd minute by heading in from a corner.

Max Wright was brought down in the box and Moses Ogbu doubled the visitor lead from the penalty spot. Robson then bagged his second of the game to put Grimsby 3-0 up.

The home side claimed a consolation in stoppage time as Ryan Bowman made it 3-1, but it wasn’t enough to mount a comeback.

By Robert Folker.

Advertisement block