Macclesfield Town and Macclesfield Town Community Sports Trust are delighted to be supporting the 2019 Rainbow Laces campaign.
Over the last three years Rainbow Laces has helped to increase positive attitudes towards the LGBT community and celebrate inclusion in our game.
By uniting together to wear rainbow laces and badges, whilst also promoting the national campaign across the Football Club, we want to set an example in what represents the biggest-ever display of support for the LGBT community within football.
The Premier League and English Football League’s partnership with Stonewall is in its third season and across the country we are collectively working to -
- Achieve equality, diversity and inclusion across ever area of the Premier League and EFL operation and policies, including membership of Stonewall’s Global Diversity Champion programme.
- Reduce discriminatory abuse online and in our grounds by improving reporting and enforcement (including working with the Police and Crown Prosecution Service).
- Use the Rainbow Laces campaign to promote LGBT inclusion in football and engage with sports media.
- Increase the confidence and knowledge of player care professionals in supporting LGBT inclusion across the professional game.
- Embed LGBT acceptance and inclusion in the Premier League’s and EFL’s club community organisations and programmes, such as Premier League Kicks and Premier League Primary Stars.
We want all fans, players and communities to feel welcome and able to be themselves here at Macclesfield Town.
Many LGBT people live and breathe sport but 40% still don’t think sport is welcoming. We can all work to make people feel more included – we’re at our best when we feel part of the team!
Keep an eye out over the next couple of weeks for as we conduct a range of initiatives to show our support for the Rainbow Laces campaign.
In particular, the distinctive laces will be worn by players, staff and officials during our game on Saturday 7th December against local rivals Crewe Alexandra.
Within football education academy, staff and players will also be wearing rainbow laces in their upcoming fixtures against Doncaster Rovers and Sheffield United respectively.
In addition to this, the rainbow laces will also be worn at upcoming Premier League Primary Stars and Premier League Kicks sessions by our Community Sports Trust Staff.
You can also join the conversation on Twitter by following @StonewallUK @thesilkmen @thesilkmenEDS @mtfccst and using #RainbowLaces
This is everyone’s game.