Skip to main content Skip to site footer

Charlotte's Chat

17 December 2019

Last Saturday saw us on our travels once again, this time to The Banks' Stadium - home of Walsall.
I remember making my first trip down there last season in the Carabao Cup Second Round. What a night and result that turned out to be!
The team news was announced on our approach to the ground. There was one enforced change as Connor Kirby was missing due to suspension following our clash with Bradford City.
We were housed in the University of Wolverhampton stand behind the goal and I soon settled in to my seat to watch the team warm up before kick-off. The noise our travelling army of fans made was deafening as the teams came out - as we hoped to roar them on to victory.
Attacking the goal nearest to us in the first half, Macc dominated the opening exchanges.
This saw us take the lead with a coolly-taken first professional goal from Miles Welch-Hayes. The rest of the half proved to be much more even with Macc looking to extend our lead and Walsall looking to equalise.
We went in to the break one-nil up!
The second half got underway and saw Walsall make the first of the changes. This seemed to change the game a little.
We were unlucky not to double our lead when Jay Harris saw his shot deflected of the crossbar. Walsall then broke down our end and saw the ball scrambled off the line to keep us one-nil to the good.
Despite some awesome defending, Walsall equalised in the 74th minute and then started pressing for all three points.
Our defensive line held strong though and this was coupled with some fantastic saves from Owen Evans which saw us deservingly claim a share of the points.
All 168 travelling supporters stood defiantly with our heroes and after a turbulent few weeks ,we united as one once more.
This is our team and we will never stop fighting.
See you back at the Moss Rose against Plymouth on Saturday - where once again, we will all need to stand together as one team.

Advertisement block