Skip to main content Skip to site footer

Match Report: Knowsley South U21 1 v 5 Macclesfield Town U21

1 December 2019

Two goals from Amadou Doumbouya accompanied from goals from Tyler James, Lewis Price and Callum Knight saw The Silkmen return home from Knowsley with all three points this afternoon.   
The game started off quite cagey with neither team able to get a foothold in the game, Amadou Doumbouya and Tyler James were looking a threat from the go but couldn’t find the composure in the final third to test the Knowsley South goalkeeper.  
The breakthrough did come in the 25th minute. Sean Holland fizzed in a low corner which was powerfully slammed home by Callum Knight to put the young Silkmen into an early one-nil lead.  
The young Macc side would have been forgiven for taking their foot off the pedal but that was not the case, as six minutes later Amadou Doumbouya doubled the Silkmen’s lead after he picked up the ball on the edge of the Knowsley box and majestically weaved past five Knowsley South players before slamming the ball past the keeper to make it 2-0 on 31 minutes.  
Three minutes later it was 3-0, as Tyler James got his name on the scoresheet. Doumbouya recived the ball on the left hand side of the pitch before playing an exquisite outside of the foot pass to Tyler James who out muscled his defender before slotting home. 

The second half got off to the same pace as the first half had ended, as on 49 minutes Macclesfield Town made it 4-0 courtesy of a Lewis Price goal. After a fantastic through ball by Sean Holland, Tyler James found himself through on goal and after his initial effort was saved it fell to the feet of Price who found the back of the net.  
Knowsley did manage to reduce the deficit in the 63rd minute. Jules Ododi was adjudged to have fouled a Knowsley striker on the edge of the area - their number 14 stepped up and whipped his free kicks into the top corner of the the goal, leaving Longato with no chance.  
Macclesfield didn’t let this get them down as they added to the score line eight minutes later as Doumbouya completed the scoring from three yards out. Cavan Holford whipped in a corner from the right, which after a few deflections fell to Doumbouya who after controlling the ball, smashed it into the back of the net.  
A very successful afternoon for the U21’s which saw them win back to back games for the first time this season.  
Next week the u21s host City of Liverpool at Platt Lane with a 1pm kick off.

Advertisement block